Monday, June 27, 2005

Family Room Camping

Tiya and Devyn went camping with friends this last weekend so it was just Mckenna and I. She needed a little alone time with Daddy and we had a really good weekend together. Saturday morning we went to her gymnastics class and then we went to the movie theater to see Herbie. Herbie didn't start till 2:00pm and it was only noon so we went next door to Borders Book Store where I probably read 2 dozen books to her and yes we couldn't actually leave with out buying one. We got to the Theater early even after reading 2 dozen books, bought popcorn and a soda and sat and waited for the movie to start. The movie did a pretty good job of living up to all things Herbie although it was not quite the same without Don Knotts and Dean Jones. We managed to eat all the popcorn and still have room for ice cream. :)

Luckily Cold Stones was near by. I got "German Chocolate Cake" and Mckenna got "Mint Mint Chocolate Chocolate Chip." After stuffing ourselves and wandering into a couple of stores (toy stores) we finally made it home. We got our swim suits or as Mckenna likes to say "Babing Suits" on and went down to the pool. The water felt really good to say the least. After swimming we went back up to the house, got into our pj's and made a salad for dinner.

Mckenna and I then put together a tent made of sheets and blankets in the family room, got our pillows, turned on a movie and camped out in the family room. The movie on TV was "A League of Their Own." Mckenna wouldn't let me change it. Not really a movie I pictured her liking but what the heck. She rolled over to me, wrapped her arms around me, layed her head on my chest and fell asleep. Sleeping on the floor was pretty uncomfortable- no, painful... but, I wouldn't have given it up for the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home